1 cup basmati rice
2 chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
2 small onions
3 Red chilies s(dried whole)
5 round black peppers
2 small sticks of cinnamon
2 tea spoon cumin seeds
2 tea spoon ground coriander
1 vegetable stock cube (optional)
3 to 4 table spoon oil
1 tea spoon salt for rice and pinch of salt for chicken
Pinch of turmeric powder
- Soak rice in warm water.
- Cut onion long and thin and fry them in oil.
- Once onion turn slight brown add black peppers, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, ground coriander and red chilies and cook for a minute on medium heat and add chicken in it and stir and cover the cooking pan.
- Chicken will leave its water add a pinch of salt and cook.
- Once water start drying up add 2 cup warm water in it and add your soup cube as well and leave it to boil.
- On the other hand your soak rice will be fluffed and become soft . Drain their water out and add them in your boiling chicken soup and cook on medium heat.
- Do stir it in the mean time water will dry up and rice will be cooked. Check some rice if you prefer very soft rice add few spoon water and sprinkle some turmeric powder in a line.Its best to wrap a kitchen towel on the lid and cover the rice and leave it to cook on very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Now when you open your rice mix it upside down and you will see yellow and brown rice mixed giving a beautiful image of delicious rice.
If you prefer less chilies dont add red chilies in it. For vegetarian cooking you can use green peas, or mix vegetables instead of chicken and rest recipe will be the same.